North Dakota State Contractor License Requirements
In the state of North Dakota anyone working on a job costing more than $2,000 must have a contractor license. The applicant must register a business name:
Contractor Contract Cost Classifications
Class A unlimited
Class B $250,000
Class C $120,000
Class D $50,000
No exam is requires for a contractor license. However the applicant must show that he or she does not owe back taxes and is eligible for workers' compensation and liability insurance.
Types of Trade Licenses
- Single family home
- Well drilling
- Building materials, lumber
- Land developer
- Roofing and siding
- Asbestos abatement
- Paint, wall coverage
- Architect, planner designer, engineer
- Road and related construction
- Product manufacturers
- Plumbing, HVAC
- Commercial developer
Electrician Contractor License
- Master Electrician: One (1) year of work experience as a licensed journeyman electrician.
- Journeyman Electrician: Four (4) years of work experience with two (2) years of Board-approved electrical education equal to one (1) year of the work experience requirement.
- Class B Electrician: Eighteen (18) months of work experience in farmstead or residential wiring. Two (2) years of Board-approved electrical education can be used for six (6) months of work experience.
- Master Plumber: Two (2) years of work experience as a licensed journeyman plumber in North Dakota or any comparable state plumber's law.
- Journeyman Plumber: Four (4) years of work experience under the supervision of a licensed master plumber. A valid journeyman license from another state can be used to qualify for the exam.
The North Dakota State Plumbing Board has reciprocity agreements with South Dakota, Minnesota, and Montana and accepts a plumber contractor license from these states.
Asbestos Abatement Contractor License
The Division of Air Quality of the North Dakota Department of Health requires certification in the following disciplines:
comments powered by
- Asbestos Inspector
- Asbestos Management Planner
- Asbestos Abatement Project Designer
- Asbestos Abatement Supervisor
- Asbestos Abatement Worker
- Asbestos Abatement Project Monitor.