drinking on the job

Question Icon
Posted by: from Providence
3/11/2011 at 10:53:09 AM

my question, what recourse does a consumer have when they discover the painter they hired to paint their home drinks alcoholic beverages on the work site? the hired painter drinks while working and is not completing the job as expected; what options does the consumer have in this situation?

User Icon
Date/Time5/1/2011 at 5:21:53 PM


Fire that crew and you may need legal advice. ASAP.

User Icon
Date/Time10/17/2011 at 3:57:17 AM

I'm not completely familiar with Rhode Island's Licensing but if the painter is a registered contractor you can contact The Contractors' Registration And Licensing Board. If he is not licensed fire him and maybe small claims court. In the future always try to use contractors with proper licensing bonding and insurance. It will pay off in the long run.

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.